WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, knowledge, skills, and abilities required of these individuals. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Department: Professional Services
Supervisor: Director of Professional Services
A Solution Architect is the high level technical position with proven expertise inside a specific technology (or multiple technologies). The individual is accountable for the full scope of a service endeavor—from evaluating business needs to implementing a cost-effective solution. Involved in every aspect of the sales cycle, this position requires an integral role for on-site engagements and project based work. The individual works closely with both customers and project managers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Presales: Evaluate business needs and architect relevant solutions.
- Solution Deployment: Install, configure, and integrate hardware and software by meeting specific design requirements. Diagnose and repair hardware/software (providing alternatives) where complications arise.
- Research and Discovery: Survey and collect data used in the assessment of proposed solution and design. Execute on tasks ambiguous in nature.
- Documentation: Create and update technical documentation including surveys, statements of work, and proposals. Provide procedural documentation for assigned tasks including diagrams and workflows.
- Project Collaboration: Provide Project Manager and Service Coordinator with daily updates of project and/or task progress. Proactively update project and/or task progress using email, status reports, and/or project management software tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology (IT) or equivalent experience/certifications
- 5+ years relevant experience in an IT environment
- Expert-level technical expertise in area of specialization; varied hands-on experience implementing solutions in multiple, dissimilar environments
- Skilled in Routing/Switching and Next Generation Firewalls
- Optionally, skilled in DLP, Endpoint Security, VPN, and Advanced Threat Protection
- Other security vendor knowledge a plus: Cisco, Check Point, Palo Alto Networks, Tenable, and Cylance
- Applicable certifications: CCNP-Security, Palo Alto PCNSE, Check Point CCSA, and so on
- Speak effectively — Speaks clearly and expresses self well in groups and in one-to-one conversations
- Foster open communication — Creates an atmosphere in which timely and high-quality information flows smoothly between self and others; encourages the open expression of ideas and opinions
- Listen to others — Actively attends to and conveys understanding of the comments and questions of others; listens well in a group
- Know the business — Shows understanding of issues relevant to the broad organization and business; keeps that knowledge up-to-date; has and uses cross-functional knowledge
- Develop systems & processes — Identifies and implements effective processes and procedures for accomplishing work
- Work efficiently — Allocates one’s own time efficiently; handles multiple demands and completing priorities; efficiently processes paperwork; manages meetings effectively
- Focus on customer needs — Anticipates and meets customer needs; continually searches for ways to increase customer satisfaction
- Analyze issues — Gathers relevant information systematically, considers a broad range of issues or factors; grasps complexities and perceives relationships among problems or issues; seeks input from others; uses accurate logic in analyses
- Use sound judgement — Makes timely and sound decisions; makes decisions under conditions of uncertainty
We are looking to fill this position ASAP. Salary DOE. Please send resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.